What is this leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed a leak of a milky white/grayish liquid from the white (what appears to be a) relief valve in the center of the picture below
65d01a676845a0d5753869660037207d.jpg

It's the drivers side, coolant reservoir is on the left of the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Milky white liquid, hmmm wonder what that could be.....:manos:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks similar to the differential vent. However, mine is located closer to the master cylinder. I have a 2011 Scab, not sure if it's located in the same place on a Screw. Follow the line to see where it goes.

OP
OP
TXRPTOR37

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. My quick glance earlier followed the hose into the firewall but I will need to take a closer look tomorrow.

Little concerned since it started after my truck was towed last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're referring to the valve with many hoses running to it, that is your vacuum valve for the four wheel drive system.

If it's the single house with a White thing stuck in the end of it, it's your front diff vent.

If your truck was towed ass up, front wheels down, then you may see some leakage here. The IWE system works under vacuum. When the truck is running, it disengage the IWE and your four wheel drive components don't spin. When it was towed the front wheel where spinning the four wheel drive components. Meaning the front diff heated up and pushed out some oil / moisture. Sounds like you need a front diff oil change.

Good luck.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's the single house with a White thing stuck in the end of it, it's your front diff vent.

If your truck was towed ass up, front wheels down, then you may see some leakage here. The IWE system works under vacuum. When the truck is running, it disengage the IWE and your four wheel drive components don't spin. When it was towed the front wheel where spinning the four wheel drive components. Meaning the front diff heated up and pushed out some oil / moisture. Sounds like you need a front diff oil change.

Good luck.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

Two things: Are you certain this is the diff vent? As I stated, I have a 2011 Scab and the front diff vent looks similar, but is located near the master cylinder.

Also, the owner manual clearly states that the vehicle should be transported on a flatbed. If they towed it without dollies then they may have damaged the IWE. Not Good!