GEN 1 Weird knocking noise from drivers front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright I sure this is nothing new to Raptor owners or F150 owners in general but I have a knocking noise coming from my drivers side front. It does not do it all the times, only in repeated rough terrain where the suspension on both sides get a work out. I replaced the sway bar bushings since the ones on it were a little cracked but I can not figure it out. Maybe sway bar end links on the drivers side
Thinking if it was a ball joint especially lower one then it would do it all the time. I am thinking upper control arm bushing or maybe as one or two have had a problem with the lower front shock mount bushing (the one in the shock housing) rattling.

Do not know but I need to solve it as it is getting on my nerves.

any advice would be appreciated.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will get the shocks rebuilt some time in the next month or two. I have already done a lot with the maintenance on the truck including new front brakes.

I have eliminated sway bar bushings and skid plates, that leaves

Lower control arm
Upper control arm

the shock or mount hardware.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to throw the new shocks on yet? :biggrin:

git em done the end of this week. Took a while to get the order in and have a setup time to get em installed. Will update.