Weird engine sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjparsons

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help for a friend of mine with a 2013 raptor. From a cold start he's getting a sputter sound for around 5-10 seconds then disappears and sounds normal.

Then if he hits the gas hard, the first to second shift close to 6k Rpm the gears freeze for a second and slam hard into second and it's not smooth at all.

Any ideas of what could be wrong with his truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaTm

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help for a friend of mine with a 2013 raptor. From a cold start he's getting a sputter sound for around 5-10 seconds then disappears and sounds normal.

Then if he hits the gas hard, the first to second shift close to 6k Rpm the gears freeze for a second and slam hard into second and it's not smooth at all.

Any ideas of what could be wrong with his truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check fuse 27 for the idle.

Bunch of TSBs associated with the 6R80, even a recall. Ford Raptor Recalls | TSB's | SSM's - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

I had this TSB performed and I still occasionally get hard shifts into 2nd, but not nearly as often. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f183/tsb-13-6-8-transmission-26055/