Water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that this is working out in your favor. I would ask the question from your insurance company that if anything should fail resulting from this incident down the road, if they will honor it. The gremlins may start coming out this winter?

I would most definitely get underneath and coat everything you can with a rust inhibitor like Amzoil MPHD. Get in all the nooks and crannies. Little things like the spare tire winch may need some further attention. What about the cab mounts/vibration dampeners?

I guess the list could go on and on, but getting under there and just looking at all the places water could get will help down the road.

Good luck with the rehab!!!

Yes all repairs are warranted under the claim for the life of the vehicle. If you ever have to submit a claim ensure you get this in writing prior to closing the claim. I also have 30,000 miles remaining on my powertrain warranty and all oem parts replaced are warranted as well as the labor through the dealership that completed tbe repairs. Any additional gremlins will need to be linked to the claim but I now have a service tech and service manager on my speed dial and my insurance company has already documented via email that future addendums to this clam are expected due to the nature of the claim. A good insurer is so vital at a time like this. Thanks for the suggestions and best wishes. So glad to have Blue back.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Glad to hear your truck is running well... What insurance company do you have?

I hope the hell its not the same one I've got...
I have Hanover. While we all agree this should have been a total loss they are paying out big time to make sure this is handled appropriately. They could have gone a different way with this whole thing and made things really difficult. Honestly I hope that if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation they have as good an insurer as I do.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Glad to hear its all going really good at this point. I would drive it as much as possible at this point. Did the shop pull the door panels off? If not and you are planning on keeping the truck, I would lube up everything inside there (motors, guides, etc).

Yes they basically took everything apart inside the cab. I'll post some pics eventually. New carpet and padding as well. Hopefully everything else that pops up will be able to be connected to the original claim. Honestly I feel fairly confident we are in decent shape at this point. Time will tell. No getting around it. This is basically a flood truck now. Most likely won't be selling it. I have to imagine that the value has taken a big hit anyway.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to life

Bringing this thread back to life... well just because I want to. So after all this time I am about to drop the truck off at the dealer for replacement of both the wiring harnesses inside the cab. Requires the removal of the entire interior... again. After such extensive damage I am happy to report that the truck runs great and has been been to Florida multiple times, TRR events 3 times, HAVOC , and up into MI more times than I can count. Anyway, after this the claim will officially be closed. Then I'll post some pics of the complete repair list.

So,
If you sink your Raptor don't give up hope. Water damage can't really get much worse than what we experienced and the truck is doing great.

Attachments

• 20160706_185739_1.jpg
    20160706_185739_1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 88
  • troopertruck2.jpg
    troopertruck2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 88

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear all worked out, however, the car fax would probably read, flood damage vehicle, which will kill the resale value. thats the main reason i would not have gone through the rebuild aggravation. Again i do not know the financial specifics of your situation. It seemed like it did work out well and the truck runs like a champ.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear all worked out, however, the car fax would probably read, flood damage vehicle, which will kill the resale value. thats the mail reason i would not have gone through the rebuild aggravation. Again i do not know the financial specifics of your situation. It seemed like it did work out well and the truck runs like a champ.

Thanks. I'm pretty glad it worked out too. Didn't look good there for while! I'll never sell it. Wouldn't make sense to for exactly the reason you stated. Total out of pocket cost for me was $1,600. 500 for my deductible and 1,100 for appreciation as my insurance company actually considered the new replacement motor as an appreciation factor! Anyway, small cost comparably as at this point their total cost is approximately $30,000. Made out like a bandit! Probably have it until the wheels fall off at this point. Have put almost 40,000 miles on since the accident and most of the repairs were completed. Anyway I have vehicles with over 200,000 miles on them and I expect no different here.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm pretty glad it worked out too. Didn't look good there for while! I'll never sell it. Wouldn't make sense to for exactly the reason you stated. Total out of pocket cost for me was $1,600. 500 for my deductible and 1,100 for appreciation as my insurance company actually considered the new replacement motor as an appreciation factor! Anyway, small cost comparably as at this point their total cost is approximately $30,000. Made out like a bandit! Probably have it until the wheels fall off at this point. Have put almost 40,000 miles on since the accident and most of the repairs were completed. Anyway I have vehicles with over 200,000 miles on them and I expect no different here.

Well in this case that's the way to do it. I am with you regarding keeping vehicles for a long time. Its not the miles its the condition that matters.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great to hear it is working well. Suck you have to remove the interior but new harnesses will be great in terms avoiding of future issues