Warped heads??!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PB95

Reaction score
Help!!
Has anyone had WARPED HEADS on a non-modified engine? Here is my saga below. My dealer fixing the problem has stated that Ford will only cover $2K out of $5800 of this problem which is clearly a manufacturing problem. (Only 5K miles over warranty)
We had a coolant issue, the local dealership said there was a crack in the coolant reservoir and replaced it. I left the shop, ran an errand, the coolant continued to leak. I immediately took it back to the dealership and after about a week they determined that it seemed to be the head gasket was faulty. So, they began dismantling my engine at that point they told us that heads 3, 5 and 7 are warped and need to be replaced. This is a complete shock to my husband and I since there is just now 65K miles on this 2012 truck. We have only driven it back and forth to work and that is about the extent of the wear and tear on the vehicle (we do all required maintenance). It is an SVT and not once have we driven the dunes, taken it off-roading etc. This is insane.

This is asinine. This is the top of the line truck and there are this many issues with it????? Is three anyone who can help out there??? Please?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
The heads can warp if an overheat occurred.

OP
OP
P

PB95

Reaction score
Never had any indication of any overheating.
That is why we are perplexed.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you give the go ahead to dismantle the engine?
I find it hard to believe they are warped if the engine has never been overheated. But I may be biased, because I don't trust dealerships.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Thats a bunch of BS. I had top radiator hose split around 36,000 miles while driving down insterstate 80to 90mph mph plus i'm supercharged , starting notice steam come out of heat extractors at speeed pulled over , lost all my coolant. I thought my heads were toast for sure. Friend came to help we cut hose installed a PVC pipe to and reinstalled hose refilled with water and limped home. My truck now has 75,00 miles with no issues. I would get somebody higher up involved they are scamming you and Ford. It would have to be severely overheated to warp.

You can get a new , remanufactured engine for that amount.

Last edited: