Upgrading stock OEM trans cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Were you able to repair the condenser or was it a loss?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com
I didn't have time to get it repaired, so I replaced it. I am going to look at getting it repaired and then selling with the stock aux trans cooler on an F150 forum (hopefully I can find a guy whose truck didn't come with them). Durn things are expensive (relatively) at $250.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't have time to get it repaired, so I replaced it. I am going to look at getting it repaired and then selling with the stock aux trans cooler on an F150 forum (hopefully I can find a guy whose truck didn't come with them). Durn things are expensive (relatively) at $250.

Find a good radiator shop. They will be able to patch it up. They may not want to guarantee it however.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not really related but I am going to run a CBR mini cooler as a engine oil cooler. Does any one know of the adapter/sandwich plate that is compatible with our trucks.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing back a old thread.

Has anyone found a larger direct stock replacement that would snap right into the factory brackets and use all the OEM connections?

Also not sure if any of yall have thought about this but on my 2003 F-150 that was lifted on 38X15.50 Toyos and supercharged @ 12# I ended up removing the tranny lines going into the radiator, bypassing it, and running them to a 12"X12" Aux Cooler with a 8" Efan. In the middle of August in South Louisiana towing a 1994 full weight Mustang on a all steel car hauler in bumper to bumper traffic the tranny never got about 186*

Wayne

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Has anyone found a larger direct stock replacement that would snap right into the factory brackets and use all the OEM connections?

Also not sure if any of yall have thought about this but on my 2003 F-150 that was lifted on 38X15.50 Toyos and supercharged @ 12# I ended up removing the tranny lines going into the radiator, bypassing it, and running them to a 12"X12" Aux Cooler with a 8" Efan. In the middle of August in South Louisiana towing a 1994 full weight Mustang on a all steel car hauler in bumper to bumper traffic the tranny never got about 186*

Wayne
Some guys are adding aftermarket dedicated coolers. But add I'm sure your aware, it involves a bit more modding and a dedicated location for the cooler.

The purpose of this thread was to add more cooling at the stock location. @KaiserM715 did a write up on replacing the stock tranny cooler with one that had two additional rows. It was essentially a direct replacement of the stock cooler.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wayne

Thanks for bringing this back to the top. I missed it first time round.

Bms

Reaction score
Trans cooler

another option for trans cooler that fits in stock location is one from a ford 6.0l. You have to trim the brackets and modify your existing mount a little bit but it's a lot bigger and fits in stock location. I've installed one on my p/u and it's working fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 252

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
another option for trans cooler that fits in stock location is one from a ford 6.0l. You have to trim the brackets and modify your existing mount a little bit but it's a lot bigger and fits in stock location. I've installed one on my p/u and it's working fine.

What kind of temps have you been seeing with this upgrade? It is clearly much larger.