turns off at a light or stop!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rgvraptor85

rgvraptor85

Reaction score
Please tell me this isn't a legitimate response and you know what is going on here. This is the first time on this forum that I honestly hope somebody (you) is being a troll.

just trying to figure out what the issue is bro dont have to be negative this is a forum for advice if asked isnt it i see all types of questions being asked

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Mine did it when my MAF got wet on a TRR run. It would run, but not idle. Cleaned it and all was well.

picking up some cleaner today for that

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just trying to figure out what the issue is bro dont have to be negative this is a forum for advice if asked isnt it i see all types of questions being asked

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

picking up some cleaner today for that

I am definitely not one of the mean ones. The truck comes with an automatic start/stop feature that turns the truck off when you stop and then it restarts the truck when you take your foot off the brake pedal. All of this is done to save on gas and emissions. It won't do this if the truck is still warming up, the battery is too low, etc..., so that is why you are noticing some inconsistencies. If you want to disable the auto stop/start, there is a button high on the center dash that you can push after you start the truck to disable the feature. You will need to push this button every time you restart the car as it does not retain the disable setting.

OP
OP
rgvraptor85

rgvraptor85

Reaction score
I am definitely not one of the mean ones. The truck comes with an automatic start/stop feature that turns the truck off when you stop and then it restarts the truck when you take your foot off the brake pedal. All of this is done to save on gas and emissions. It won't do this if the truck is still warming up, the battery is too low, etc..., so that is why you are noticing some inconsistencies. If you want to disable the auto stop/start, there is a button high on the center dash that you can push after you start the truck to disable the feature. You will need to push this button every time you restart the car as it does not retain the disable setting.

mines a 2013 i dont think its an option on it i think thats the 2017

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy shit - I remember when someone could come up here and ask a question and get an answer, maybe even a helpful step by step.

I've owned mine for 5 years, and numerous off road escapades, and sure as shit I'd be stuck out there without these boards and the help they used to provide.

So I have a choice of either facebook and the never ending political hate threads, or the current batch of chuckleheads over here who can't seem to answer a question without it turning into yet another idiotic thread.

I want my old FRF back.

<EDIT> - RGVRaptor85 - I hope you get your problem solved.