TSB addressing SYNC voice recognition concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISSUE:
Some customers of 2008-2010 SYNC equipped vehicles may express concern with their call sound quality while using the SYNC microphone, complaints of excessive background noise during a phone call, and/or issues with voice recognition accuracy while driving.

ACTION:
Follow the service procedure to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

The following procedure involves updating the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) software level and installing an external alternate SYNC microphone attached to the headliner.

This is a brief description of the TSB and the TSB number is 10-4-8

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well thats good they're addressing the issue. Could get quite annoying yelling "HOME" to your Sync a million times . Thanks for the post

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on that Damon. My SYNC unit understands my voice alright but I do have to raise my voice to be heard (over background noise) when using the hands-free cell feature.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
going in tomorrow to meet the SYNC guy get the fix!! thanks for the info...this site is awesome!!!

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing this as well to my truck as the SYNC at times seems to have trouble "understanding" what I said. It gets frustrating having to exit and try again several times. There will be an additional external mic on the headliner next to the overhead console but it is dark in color and given the headliner in the Raptor is dark, it should blend in nicely and look production.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I thought it was me but people can't hear when I talk. Everyone else I know that has SYNC sounds good when I talk to them so I am hoping this is the fix.

I gave the guy I spoke with the code and he looked it up. Didn't seem to know anything about it. Ford has special SYNC techs that go between multiple dealers and the SYNC tech is coming into my dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it's a quick fix...I'll keep everyone updated.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep us updated B. You've got me curious.

I don't have any problem being heard, just being understood by the "SYNC bitch", as JoyJoy calls 'er ;). I need to figure out how to train it I guess.

Thanks for the info FS.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw something somewhere on this fix and it involved installing a big dorky microphone on the headliner. You might want to ask what they are going to do before they fix it Brian.

My SYNC seems to work pretty good... no complaints yet. I even updated to 3.1 myself and didn't have to re-pair my phones. (The address books needed reloading though)