Truck keeps turning off while im driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigblue01

Reaction score
So lately when i have been driving my truck seems to struggle and then will completely shut down. The headlights and anything else that i have on will flicker before this happens. Has anyone had this happen to them and would anyone know what is going on?

SILVER

Reaction score
So lately when i have been driving my truck seems to struggle and then will completely shut down. The headlights and anything else that i have on will flicker before this happens. Has anyone had this happen to them and would anyone know what is going on?

My truck dies when slowing at stop signs/red lights. No electrical flicker it just dies. I've checked fuse 27 and it's fine. I've read on here a lot of others have similar issues. Did you ever figure out what your problem was?

OP
OP
Bigblue01

Bigblue01

Reaction score
My truck dies when slowing at stop signs/red lights. No electrical flicker it just dies. I've checked fuse 27 and it's fine. I've read on here a lot of others have similar issues. Did you ever figure out what your problem was?

I'm not 100% sure what it is but I had someone check it out and part of my recon headlights weren't working while this was happening to me. I got it fixed and it hasn't done it since. I'm looking for a new pair of stock headlights to see if this will fix it, plus the headlights arnt bright at all.

haddixs

Reaction score
Hey,

I recently started having this problem at 90k miles. The scary part is that it has happened three times in the same day at highway speed. Engine shuts off and transmission kicks into neutral. I then pull over, throw it in park, and it starts up like nothing ever happened; no warnings, no check engine light, no codes to be read, nothing. Has anyone else had similar issues?

My first instinct is to go around checking ground wires. Autozone did not find any codes except for an issue with the fuel tank emissions pressure sensor which was legacy from a problem that had gone away on its own (probably a stuck fuel cap seal).

Cheers,

Seth

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I recently started having this problem at 90k miles.
There was a TSB issued a few years ago about the fuse for the fuel pump, not unique to the raptor (just an F-150 thing) they can get loose over time. Symptoms are exactly as you described.