Transmission squeal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask you guys before I took it in but today was so pretty I decided to roll down the windows. When it is shifting from 4th to 5th is makes a squeal noise. Sometimes if you give it enough gas it will squeal on each shift.

I did out the truck into neutral and rev it slowly throughout the rpm range to see if its a pully on the motor and it is not. Definitly something in the transmission.

I cannot hear the shift squeal when windows are up but can when windows are down.

What do you guys think it is?

Truck runs great though. Trying to get you guys input before I take it to dealer. I know dealer will try to not fool with it and act like its ok. Has 1200 miles on it.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update,

I dontthink its the transmission now. On my way home I was running about 40 taking it easy and everytime I let off the gas and then get back on it, it makes the squeal.
When I pulled in the driveway I put it in park and gave it some gas and everytime I gave it gas, it squealed. You know whenever you give a gas motor throttle you hear a hiss then she taks up? Well instead of a hiss its a squeal.
If im not mistaken, isnt that the throttle body that makes that noise?

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a video I just did. The very first one is the loudest one. It makes the squeal longer when it's driving but this is the best way to get good video without the wind noise. Also only way to duplicate it in driveway.

Ford raptor squeal - YouTube

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 raptor didn't do that. The engines do pull in air when u give it gas but shouldn't hear a loud squeal as u do it. Doesn't sound right and loud enough for me to be embarrassed that it's a new truck

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll leave this up for a few days and if nobody knows then I will go to my dealer and let them figure it out I guess.