Transmission running hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curtisre3

Reaction score
Hey guys been noticing that my transmission is been running hot the digital gauge reads up in the 220s often but the dash gauge is in normal range. If I'm going up hill on the highway and the digital gauge gets about 230 i notice that dash gauge starts to climb quickly. It was rebuilt because 3 gear went at about 35k miles probably due to heat.Still user the powertrain warranty, Any advise ?

Attachments

• IMG_5350.jpg
    IMG_5350.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you have it rebuilt? Did they correctly fill the transmission with fluid? Have you checked the fluid level? I'm betting you're probably low, thus causing your temps to shoot up. Check the fluid level (at operating temp) and then go from there.

OP
OP
curtisre3

curtisre3

Reaction score
Had it rebuilt at ford . Think I'm going to take it back in to the dealership.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive gotten mine that hot before at TRR last year. although all my radiator and coolers were clogged full of mud. mine runs about 10 degrees hotter than most people, mines usually 208-210. these things have a thermostat, and under heavy load they try to stay around 200.

D

Deleted member 12951

Check to make sure both radiator fans are functioning. At the TRR 15' mudfest, everything was clogged with mud that one of the fans failed and got so hot, it threw me into limp mode on the track.

OP
OP
curtisre3

curtisre3

Reaction score
update took it to the dealer had them look at it and surprise they said it was fine. Got on the free way and the first hill the trans hit 237 guess its going back monday.