GEN 1 Transmission leak?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same leak on mine after Snoball. Ford had to remove the transmission and change an internal seal. Ended up rolling the seal when they reinstalled it and removed it again to fix it right. Down about 4 - 5 days total. Pressure tested the torque convertor and ruled that out while they were in there. I think it ended up being a pump seal or something like that.

It was covered under the warranty though......

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Same leak on mine after Snoball. Ford had to remove the transmission and change an internal seal. Ended up rolling the seal when they reinstalled it and removed it again to fix it right. Down about 4 - 5 days total. Pressure tested the torque convertor and ruled that out while they were in there. I think it ended up being a pump seal or something like that.

It was covered under the warranty though......

Well shit, this is going to mess up my paid possibility of making it to TRR next week!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Appointment at the dealership tomorrow morning. Rear differential is leaking again for the 3rd time too.

65594affa3d5f72b3ab5cd99979422fc.jpg

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Thoughts?

08ec9ac273cdb1e6478a736c0fb2832c.jpg

I had the exact same "leakage" last October after ROC Fest. I noticed oil splatter on my toybox hitch after towing it over the Sierra pass and saw just one small drop where you have your leak.

I cleaned it up and nothing until after the Silver State Run and even then it was just moist with a slight drop ready to fall but I did another rinse and it's been slightly moist if that ever since.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could be rear main seal. Otherwise, if you've got an oil catch can, the fluid could also be coming from a lose hose near the intake. This could allow oil/condensation to drip down the back of the engine under throttle. Check to insure the disconnects on the hoses are connected completely.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Dealership put dye in the motor and drove it for 30 miles and could not locate the leak. They cleaned it up and gave it back to me and said to bring it back in a week so they can see if it leaks again.

Starting to think when I got stuck in sand, I was in 4HI and even with the pedal almost to the floor, none of the tires would spin and the torque converter perhaps got hot and puked? Was able to crawl out in 4LO without issues.

1920faa11a7058118fab69efba9b0661.jpg

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My transmission is leaking at the opposite end. Can't tell if it is the pan or rear extension housing yet.

Does anyone else's cardboard and tinfoil heat shield above the transmission now rest on the transmission instead of being attached to the floor?