Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum

Transmission issues

This is a discussion on Transmission issues within the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
I have a 2011 S crew 6.2 with 82,000 miles. Recently had trans flushed at dealer because I was experiencing ...

User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Transmission issues
I have a 2011 S crew 6.2 with 82,000 miles. Recently had trans flushed at dealer because I was experiencing "chirping sound when shifting" Tech advised that the fluid breaks down etc. soon thereafter I started getting a Dead pedal when downshifting after slowing down, the trans try's to go from say 4th to 1st & figures out speed is too fast for 1st gear & gives me dead pedal which quickly goes away and resumes as normal once it figures out what gear to choose. I also am experiencing hard downshifting from high gear to say 3 or 4th, & a delayed or exaggerated 3-4 up shift ( like an old C6 transmission)Ford diagnosed it as possible TB problem, which I replaced with a BBK & actually like a lot but did not fix problems. Any input or help is appreciated

Jfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

t_j
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)

First flush after 82k miles? These things need to be flush either regularly, or never, I've heard plenty of horror stories of trans failure shortly after first flush at a high milage. The other thing it could be is the valve body in the trans.
t_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

When should we do our first tranny flush?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

t_j
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)

I've heard 30k intervals is best, ford recommends 60k for the first flush.
Mariner likes this.
t_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Ok the flush was actually done at 75,000 miles, which is over recommended interval by 15,000 & water under the bridge. Besides stating the obvious has anyone out there experienced these symptoms before? I am suspecting shift solenoids, molded lead into the transmission, or ECM/TCM. I am not covered by any warranties so don't want to just start throwing money at it.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

As T_J mentioned I think it is the valve body, do some more research, but that was a common problem with which you are describing. I haven't done my tranny yet @90,000 miles currently.
CoronaRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ford Professional

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Jfreeze View Post
I have a 2011 S crew 6.2 with 82,000 miles. Recently had trans flushed at dealer because I was experiencing "chirping sound when shifting" Tech advised that the fluid breaks down etc. soon thereafter I started getting a Dead pedal when downshifting after slowing down, the trans try's to go from say 4th to 1st & figures out speed is too fast for 1st gear & gives me dead pedal which quickly goes away and resumes as normal once it figures out what gear to choose. I also am experiencing hard downshifting from high gear to say 3 or 4th, & a delayed or exaggerated 3-4 up shift ( like an old C6 transmission)Ford diagnosed it as possible TB problem, which I replaced with a BBK & actually like a lot but did not fix problems. Any input or help is appreciated
Hi Jfreeze,

It might be wise to return to the dealership so they can take a look at these new symptoms. If that's something you decide to do, let me know; I'll be happy to step in and do what I can to assist.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Crystal

All of these symptoms were originally recorded when the diagnosis came back as the Throttle body. I actually had the shop foreman ride with me. The dealership that I took it to is where I bought the truck new for sticker price. I can't say that I was ever thrilled with the way it shifted since new, but now it is definitely something that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure if it should go back to them or what ? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Jason
Old 01-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ford Professional

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Jfreeze View Post
Thanks Crystal

All of these symptoms were originally recorded when the diagnosis came back as the Throttle body. I actually had the shop foreman ride with me. The dealership that I took it to is where I bought the truck new for sticker price. I can't say that I was ever thrilled with the way it shifted since new, but now it is definitely something that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure if it should go back to them or what ? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Jason
Hi Jason,

I'd recommend returning to the initial dealership that first performed the work, however, you are welcome to visit any Ford Dealership for service. If you'd like, I can arrange for your regional customer service manager (CSM) to give you a call. To make that happen, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

Crystal
depgary25 likes this.

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I had a strange sound under hard load and downshift; they added "friction additive" per a TSB and it was solved.
aR4CE is offline   Reply With Quote