Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimracerx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 screw. when I put my truck into drive trans shifts to 2nd then when I start to move forward it suddenly jumps straight to 5th. I tried to manually shift, but no luck. I turn the truck off and back on and shifting was good. This went on a couple time then I took it to the dealer and they said they performed a TSB "not sure which one" but they reflashed the PCM. So got it back drove it the next day and it was still doing the same thing. I took it back to dealer and they have had it for a week now unsure of what to do. they have been waiting on Big Ford to get back with them and Big ford wants a code, but it is not throwing any codes. Has anyone had this problem? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012 screw. when I put my truck into drive trans shifts to 2nd then when I start to move forward it suddenly jumps straight to 5th. I tried to manually shift, but no luck. I turn the truck off and back on and shifting was good. This went on a couple time then I took it to the dealer and they said they performed a TSB "not sure which one" but they reflashed the PCM. So got it back drove it the next day and it was still doing the same thing. I took it back to dealer and they have had it for a week now unsure of what to do. they have been waiting on Big Ford to get back with them and Big ford wants a code, but it is not throwing any codes...

What's the current mileage on your truck, slimracerx? I'll check out some ways to help.

Crystal

OP
OP
S

slimracerx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crystal Thanks,
I believe there is about 47000 mile, But It is under the Platinum Easy-care 5yr/75000mi Warranty. I just spoke to the dealer, they ordered and received a new solenoid but cant perform any work till Ford issues a case #. Dealer said Ford wont issue a case # without a code. Dealer is telling me they have witnessed the problem, but could not get a code to come up. I ask the dealer to research TSB 13-6-8 6R80 TRANSMISSION HIGH GEAR ENGAGEMENT FROM A STOP - VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 4/8/2013. The Dealer said they would look into this TSB, but It seemed like they said it more so I would leave them alone. I know they hate when customers come in and tell them how to fix a vehicle, but I know and they admitted they haven't dealt with many Raptors so they don't know much about them yet. I don't want mine to be there Guiney Pig.

KaiserM715,
Thanks for moving me to the correct location. Been a while since Ive been on and was in a hurry to find help.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal Thanks,
I believe there is about 47000 mile, But It is under the Platinum Easy-care 5yr/75000mi Warranty. I just spoke to the dealer, they ordered and received a new solenoid but cant perform any work till Ford issues a case #...

Reach out to me via PM, slimracerx; I'll push this up the line to your regional customer service manager. In your message, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal