Transmission can't decide what gear to be in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's my turn now. Tonite the transmission couldn't seem to decide what gear to be in. Speedo was bouncing around, occasional knock like it's shifting badly. Some times didn't shift into 1st after coming to a stop, stayed in 2nd until started to move again. No idiot lights though. Tried M, got no indication of the gears and didn't seem to change anything. I think it was starting this for the past few days, but nothing i could really point out, until tonite.

I'm thinking of taking it into the dealer tomorrow before I find myself stranded.

Thoughts??

Oh yeah. I did search and found some posts that are similar, but thought i'd ask for other thoughts.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Punch that basterd hoping it re learns but you have to punch it every time you stop for a while. Ya I have no idea

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens to me every now and then. I drive it nice and gentle for a couple days and it seems to remember to shift normally... Hope that helps lol

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk