Transfer case maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Little man

Reaction score
Ok guys need some help here. I got this raptor two weeks ago i haven't took it in the desert yet but there is a lot of dirt roads in my area that I have to take the truck on so I can get to work. anyways the driveshaft snapped at the Ujoint so I call dealer to see if my warranty covers it and it was sitting at the shop for about 6days and then they tell me the warranty doesn't cover because it has signs for being OFF-ROADED. So I got pissed and had it brought back to my house the dealer it was at told me they found metal shavings in the Tcase but they had it in 4hi to move it around the shop and told me to move it to the street in 4hi but I didn't hear any noses from the tcase as they said it was making noses. Well anyways Im going to flush it out and see if they were losing or not just need to know where to fill it up at? As this is the first time I have ever touched a Tcase. Anything will help

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First if you have an extended warranty on your truck I would seek out "Crystal" a Ford rep on this forum to help you.

If not, you need this driveshaft!
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/driveshaft-upgrading-34467/
Can be purchased from a number of our venders or direct.

Second since you have rip out the u-joints I'm guessing you don't have aftermarket rear springs.

If I'm correct get the Deavers rear springs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Little man

Little man

Reaction score
Thank you for the info everyone. And just did the tcase also no metal shavings like I thought and filled it up to where it needed to be. Now I got to get a drive shaft and ujoint but that will have to be Monday since everyone is closed today

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys need some help here. I got this raptor two weeks ago i haven't took it in the desert yet but there is a lot of dirt roads in my area that I have to take the truck on so I can get to work. anyways the driveshaft snapped at the Ujoint so I call dealer to see if my warranty covers it and it was sitting at the shop for about 6days and then they tell me the warranty doesn't cover because it has signs for being OFF-ROADED. So I got pissed and had it brought back to my house the dealer it was at told me they found metal shavings in the Tcase but they had it in 4hi to move it around the shop and told me to move it to the street in 4hi but I didn't hear any noses from the tcase as they said it was making noses. Well anyways Im going to flush it out and see if they were losing or not just need to know where to fill it up at? As this is the first time I have ever touched a Tcase. Anything will help

Signs of off roading?!? Really? They give you a video series on how to off road it safely when you buy the truck in the owners manual. Please post that dealers name so that nobody here will go there anymore. There has got to be something more there, I would have taken it to another dealer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a recall on the driveshaft too, on the 10' and 11's, had mine done under warranty a couple years back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir