TRanny decided to take a s***.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoltenRaptor

Reaction score
Put in my tune yesterday took it for a quick spin, all was well. Switched it back to stock while waiting for the rest of my parts to come in and started driving. Noticed the Trans was staying at high revs like the TC wasn't locking in. Then i noticed a ominous cloud of smoke behind me got home asap and noticed a nice puddle of fluid forming underneath the truck. Barely got to the dealer and they currently have the vehicle. Could this be related to the hard shifting isssue that these trucks had? Also truck is completely stock right now. Tune was maybe on for a half hour tops put maybe 10 miles on it. Also is Ford going to be able to tell that anything was changed at any point?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless I am completely mistaken, the ICU will keep a record of the tune you briefly installed. Whether they make an issue of it will depend on how enlightened your dealer is.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
From what I was told is they can tell if you had a tune, but they need to prove that it would have caused it which is highley unlikely.
Please keep us in the loop.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new diagnostic machines that all dealers and qualified shops use will be able to tell that there was a tune installed. It leaves a footprint of it. My buddy just got three of these machines as he is opening a auto shop. There is no way to erase it. It will be up to the dealer whether they determine the tune was the cause and if they cover it. Keep us advised.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dam that sucks, talk about bad timing! Could this possibly be the fault of the tuner? I think I will leave mine stock for now. Good luck with Ford I hope they help you out.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I was told is they can tell if you had a tune, but they need to prove that it would have caused it which is highley unlikely.
Please keep us in the loop.

They can tell you it caused it even if it didn't. They only have to prove it if you take them to court.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, if they look for it they will be able to tell. It just depends on whether or not they decide to look.

I got my truck back from the dealer two weeks ago from a bad main control sending unit in the trans. Man am I glad I didn't load a tune. They would have likely blamed that for the failure.