Trailer running lights not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime I throw on the truck lights the running lights on the trailer don't work. I tried the four way flat hook up and i even tried the 6 way hook up with an adapter that has a four way flat end on it and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Turn signals work and brakes work on trailer just no running lights.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you add the fuse and relay?

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

wait. didnt realize you had some lights working on it.......

check the wiring. make sure there is power there. since you already have other lights working, i dont think it would be a ground issue, jnless the running lights themselves have a bad connection somewhere

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it where a ground issue the turning and brakes wouldn't work then right? I know for a fact its def my truck and not any of my trailers since I've had my buddies try with there trucks and lights are fine.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Fuse #67 was blown, so if anyone else has the same issue double check it because i could barely see the break. Gotta grab another 20 amp to replace and that should fix it.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it where a ground issue the turning and brakes wouldn't work then right? I know for a fact its def my truck and not any of my trailers since I've had my buddies try with there trucks and lights are fine.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Fuse #67 was blown, so if anyone else has the same issue double check it because i could barely see the break. Gotta grab another 20 amp to replace and that should fix it.

Make sure you do not hook up the trailer plug while the lights are on. THis will pop the fuse everytime...

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I just had this EXACT problem. I picked up four snowmobiles for a New Years trip to the mountains. It was like 5pm and just getting dark when I was ready to head out on the two hour drive up the mountain - and no trailer lights!! A quick Google search, this was the first result and sure enough, replaced fuse 67 and I was off.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure you thoroughly clean out your truck plug area. They are notorious for being full of crap from offroading. My plug was smashed full of mud after TRR. Cleaned it good and coated it with dielectric grease. It will short out if its filthy and rusty.....

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure you thoroughly clean out your truck plug area. They are notorious for being full of crap from offroading. My plug was smashed full of mud after TRR. Cleaned it good and coated it with dielectric grease. It will short out if its filthy and rusty.....

That's good to know since it's been a little while since I towed a trailer and that worked fine when I detached the trailer - so the fuse obviously blew without a trailer hooked up.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's good to know since it's been a little while since I towed a trailer and that worked fine when I detached the trailer - so the fuse obviously blew without a trailer hooked up.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen once. Just a mysterious blown fuse. Cleaned up the plug and no problems since. Overdue it a little with the dialectric grease and you'll be fine if you forget it for a while:)