Trailer running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khilborn

Reaction score
So i hooked up a trailer for the first time to my truck and the running lights are not working. I have verified the lights on the trailer do work with my other vehicle. It seems as if the port for the running lights is not getting power. Blinkers and break lights work. Any ideas? First problem and kinda bummed. The one thing I did not verify working before leaving the lot. I got it used 10 days ago.

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I hooked up my trailer. Found out that for some reason Ford doesn't put the fuse and the relay in the fuse box when sold. When I went to the dealership to purchase new ones I mention "shouldn't this have been on the truck when new?" Guy behind the counter says "ya, but they just put it in the glove box". As the second owner I figured what was the chances it was still there. What do you know they were there. Installed and everything works as should.
To add to the bonus, there were the 2 screws for the front license plate (still in the plastic bag) in there as well.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fuse is still in the glove box and I tow a trailer all the time with my '14. Everything works just fine using a 7-5 pin adaptor.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i hooked up a trailer for the first time to my truck and the running lights are not working. I have verified the lights on the trailer do work with my other vehicle. It seems as if the port for the running lights is not getting power. Blinkers and break lights work. Any ideas? First problem and kinda bummed. The one thing I did not verify working before leaving the lot. I got it used 10 days ago.

This thread saved my bacon once...

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/trailer-running-lights-not-working-24142/

(Fuse 67)