Tire Pressure Sensor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
Hello all!

just the other day, after a cold night (mid 20s) i got in the 2013 SCREW and the tire pressure monitor went off... 'low tire pressure'

i pulled off, used my trusty digital pressure gauge and checked all 4... all were within spec to 1/2 lb

i looked all over the dash, but could not find if there is a specific tire thats reading low (like on my 2005 tahoe)...

how does one go with replacing a sensor without knowing which is bad?

are there any specifics i should tell the tire shop to do/NOT do with my wheels? (OEMs w/rock rings)

thanks for the help! and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

TB

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my wifes BMW sensors go off when ever there is an atmospheric change or weather change. if all tires check out, reset tpms.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if it helps, but when it gets cold my wife's Benz tire pressure warnings always go off. I have to overfill by about 1-2 pounds to make them happy. It happens every year.
My 2012 Raptor in the same cold doesn't do it though. I can tell you that a bad sensor is a different reading - it says something like "Tire pressure sensor fault" rather than low tire pressure. You could still have a bad sensor, but I'd suggest overfilling by just a bit to see if that makes it happy.

OP
OP
T

TexasBlues

Reaction score
thanks everyone, for your responses...

i'll add a couple lbs and see if that works and reset the TPMS nubs if all else fails...

one more question...

the raptor itself does NOT specify individual tires (like other MFRs, correct?)

thanks again!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks everyone, for your responses...

i'll add a couple lbs and see if that works and reset the TPMS nubs if all else fails...

one more question...

the raptor itself does NOT specify individual tires (like other MFRs, correct?)

thanks again!

I have found no way to make this happen. If you do find it, please post it, but I don't think it does without some aftermarket tech I've seen on here.

OP
OP
T

TexasBlues

Reaction score
i dont know what happened... got in the truck to move it to the shop... no tire light...

checked pressure, all same as last time...

beats me, but thanks for the help and input!