? For those with a supercharged Raptor and in 4 wheel drive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 raptor stage 2. 1700 miles. I put it in 4 wheel drive last week and it made LOUD banging noises in the front. Took it out of 4 wheel drive no sound. Took it to my dealer. They replaced one IWE on the front wheel. It still does it. Ford said that all supercharged raptors do this because of the power.

I get the bang without even spooling up the supercharger on the boost gauge. Anyone else have this problem???? The dealer said that we hav this documented from Ford so if something does break it was noted from Ford and it will be covered.

THANKS!!!

Last edited:

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are full of it bro! I've got 15K miles on my whippled raptor and 4wd several times on and off and I have never experienced this. I've got a 2013 and had a 2011. Neither of these had the issue you speak of.

Go to a different dealer that's not retarded.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18k in my Whippled raptor. Tons of 4wd time all winter, most of it sideways! Raptor drifting = FUN

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO!!! Does not make sense. The sound is so violent it really sounds like I'm neutral dropping the transmission. THANKS

Last edited:

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question ?

I have a 2014 raptor stage 2. 1700 miles. I put it in 4 wheel drive last week and it made LOUD banging noises in the front. Took it out of 4 wheel drive no sound. Took it to my dealer. They replaced one IWE on the front wheel. It still does it. Ford said that all supercharged raptors do this because of the power.

I get the bang without even spooling up the supercharger on the boost gauge. Anyone else have this problem???? The dealer said that we hav this documented from Ford so if something does break it was noted from Ford and it will be covered.

THANKS!!!

Curious to know if you had done a mid perch on your truck , or is it still at the stock height ?

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm....

I have mid perch.

So do I ! The thing that makes me wonder is , I did not have an issue with the IWE Bs before I had the Mid Perch done by Galpin Auto Sports .So when the truck was stock the popping noise was non existent . How about yours ?

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never put it in 4 wheel drive when it was stock. I thought the same thing, but some said it did it even on bottom perch...:shrug: