Third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had mine replaced this month for this same reason. I only really noticed it because there was a burn mark inside the light where it burnt up. Ford dealer just replaced it under warranty. Pretty sure it was caused by water intrusion.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of the LEDS on mine is out. I would have never noticed if another Raptor owner ( didn't get a name ) would have told me while driving in the rain yesterday.

From some research i have done sounds like Ford made a crappy part.

Going to take to dealer to get new light and new Nav update.

sidelock

Reaction score
Yep, 2nd unit replaced (Nov. 2014) this year on my 2013 SCREW.
1st one had one LED out.
2nd one - all three 6 months later.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, had one led out, took it to my local ford dealer and they said they ordered a replacement. That was five days ago so hopefully I get a call on Monday. I had noticed a bit of moisture inside the light a couple of times so I knew it was just a matter of time before it failed.

AZJBT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine replaced under warranty on my 2011. 1 LED out.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one of the LEDS on mine is out...

When are you headed in to the dealership, INI? Let me know how your trip goes; I'll be here if you need any help.

...That was five days ago so hopefully I get a call on Monday. I had noticed a bit of moisture inside the light a couple of times so I knew it was just a matter of time before it failed.

Did you hear from the dealership, pat247? Keep us posted.

Crystal

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When are you headed in to the dealership, INI? Let me know how your trip goes; I'll be here if you need any help.

Did you hear from the dealership, pat247? Keep us posted.

Crystal

Yeah, I went by the dealership on Monday and the part was in so I made an appointment for Wednesday. The dealership is going through a major renovation so things are a bit chaotic there right now. I'm hoping they do a thorough job and I don't have any further problems with water intrusion. Got my fingers crossed.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I went by the dealership on Monday and the part was in so I made an appointment for Wednesday. The dealership is going through a major renovation so things are a bit chaotic there right now. I'm hoping they do a thorough job and I don't have any further problems with water intrusion. Got my fingers crossed.

I'm sure they'll take great care of you, pat247. Give me a shout if you need any help from my neck of the woods. :)

Crystal