GEN 1 Text to screen issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ninjazed

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This feature is now working!

Here's an update for anyone who is interested in this topic. Thanks for everyone's input.

I wasn't looking forward to doing a master reset because I am basically a lazy bastard and didn't want to reload custom graphics that I have on the MFT screen. So I opted for option "B" which was to simply delete my phone from the truck and delete SYNC from my phone. This process involved truck running in park, perform deletions, turn truck off, open door, restart truck and reload iPhone into truck memory. Also important for anyone who desires this option is to make sure that on your phone in the SYNC bluetooth settings that "show notifications" is on.

So there you have it. I am such a winner now that I had a chicken dinner last night! A very cool option. If you are parked you can read the text from the MFT screen or if you are moving the truck will read the text to you (depending on what option you have picked in MFT settings). Very safe, very convenient and yet another reason this is such an awesome truck. I also believe (as was previously stated) that if Apple feeds you any iOS update no matter how minor you will probably have to do this procedure again.

Thanks again everyone! :happy107:

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My text use to work but doesnt work any more.i thought it was upgrades to my phone by att.now i know its not just me.