GEN 1 Text to screen issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No big deal really but slightly annoying. When I first purchased my Raptor I could view text messages that were sent to me on the main dashboard screen. Now I can't no matter how many settings I adjust even though this is the same iPhone I've had for years. I keep getting "your phone is not compatible with this feature" or words to that effect when I attempt to engage the appropriate message options. I'm guessing that a Apple software update didn't mesh well with the Ford Sync system. I even tried to remove the phone from Sync then re-install it but that didn't work either.

My truck is still awesome as hell and I'm very pleased overall but if someone has any idea why I now have to risk life and limb to check a text message while I'm driving my Raptor, I'd greatly appreciate it. BTW, my bluetooth and all other wireless features within the truck seem to be working fine. It's just the text message-to-screen option that has disappeared. Oh, I checked and there doesn't appear to be any Sync updates available at this time.

Thanks everyone!

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No big deal really but slightly annoying. When I first purchased my Raptor I could view text messages that were sent to me on the main dashboard screen. Now I can't no matter how many settings I adjust even though this is the same iPhone I've had for years. I keep getting "your phone is not compatible with this feature" or words to that effect when I attempt to engage the appropriate message options. I'm guessing that a Apple software update didn't mesh well with the Ford Sync system. I even tried to remove the phone from Sync then re-install it but that didn't work either.

My truck is still awesome as hell and I'm very pleased overall but if someone has any idea why I now have to risk life and limb to check a text message while I'm driving my Raptor, I'd greatly appreciate it. BTW, my bluetooth and all other wireless features within the truck seem to be working fine. It's just the text message-to-screen option that has disappeared. Oh, I checked and there doesn't appear to be any Sync updates available at this time.

Thanks everyone!

Delete all pairing records under bluetooth settings in the truck and on the phone. Then perform a master reset.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync/settings/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

After doing the reset, pair your phone again. Once it is paired, on your phone go to Settings > Bluetooth > Sync and tap the little information circle to the right and then toggle on Show Notifications and Sync Contacts. Good to go.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I've NEVER gotten text messages on the dashboard screen. I don't have either the luxury package or navigation - is that why?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have both and dont get texts on screen.
also, why the **** would you want text to screen while you are trying to drive.

check that shit when you get where you are going.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have both and dont get texts on screen.
also, why the **** would you want text to screen while you are trying to drive.

check that shit when you get where you are going.

It reads them aloud to you if you want or you can ignore them. It prevents you from looking at your phone.

OP
OP
ninjazed

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...why the **** would you want text to screen while you are trying to drive....

Because when you're driving down the road and somebody shoots you a text, it's easier (and safer) to just glance at the screen to see what the message is. Answering while driving would be unsafe and stupid. MyFord Touch won't allow text responses even when it is working properly. I hope this puts the minds of the safety police at ease. :biggrin:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because when you're driving down the road and somebody shoots you a text, it's easier (and safer) to just glance at the screen to see what the message is. Answering while driving would be unsafe and stupid. MyFord Touch won't allow text responses even when it is working properly. I hope this puts the minds of the safety police at ease. :biggrin:

LOL @ safety police you can long press the voice button on steering wheel to enact Siri and have her reply for you but yes MFT will not allow replies when moving.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've sent canned resposnes from our other Fords with Sync (non-MFT). It even says sent from my Ford "x" as a signature.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its MUCH safer to just ignore all things and just drive to your destination.
listen guys im no police on anything, ive just never received a text message that needed read and responded too while i was driving.

thats literally the whole ******* point to a text message, its waiting for you when you have time to look at it. derp derp.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with ya, but you don't actually have to read them- Sync will read them to you. You don't have to take your eyes off the road or hands off the wheel- you can hit the button on the wheel to have a new message read to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free