GEN 2 Suspension with 200lbs in bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will contact the dealer about balancing them then...lets see how that goes...

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

The best way to describe my issue is, when i hit an imperfection in the road, instead of getting a bump and return to normal. I feel that bump for an additional couple of seconds in a rebounding bounce...it is so noticeable to me that it makes the car feel like it is hesitating and jerking. I put the car into neutral and coasted over the same places a few times on the same roads and the feeling does not change much..with power to the wheels it is more pronounced, but coasting in neutral, the same feeling is there...does that sound like balancing, or me not knowing how a truck with suspension drives?

yes could be an out of balanced tire. could also be the nannies working too. seams like your are learning the feel for the truck well and i applaud you for that. yes a fox suspension is a different beast the a reg truck. i went from a 14 lariat heavy duty to a raptor and they ride very different.

try this. go back to the same section. press and hold the traction button for 5+ sec till the dash says traction control off. do the coast method in neutral first. see if any better. then do the in gear method too. be gentle on the gas. i don't want you to spin out the truck or get hurt. if it is way better it would appear that section of road is triggering the traction control. if no different then perhaps the tires need balance or the rear axle is out of alignment from the front? i got a couple of sections here in so cal that make my ass end hop. is better in the raptor but still unsettling if over 70 mph. lol

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had two large bikes in the back (1000lbs?) with no ill effects what so ever.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
yes could be an out of balanced tire. could also be the nannies working too. seams like your are learning the feel for the truck well and i applaud you for that. yes a fox suspension is a different beast the a reg truck. i went from a 14 lariat heavy duty to a raptor and they ride very different.

try this. go back to the same section. press and hold the traction button for 5+ sec till the dash says traction control off. do the coast method in neutral first. see if any better. then do the in gear method too. be gentle on the gas. i don't want you to spin out the truck or get hurt. if it is way better it would appear that section of road is triggering the traction control. if no different then perhaps the tires need balance or the rear axle is out of alignment from the front? i got a couple of sections here in so cal that make my ass end hop. is better in the raptor but still unsettling if over 70 mph. lol
Ok, I'll try that next drive that I do. I'll see if I can get out today to test it out. Thank you for the information and more things to test.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I recently had two large bikes in the back (1000lbs?) with no ill effects what so ever.
Yeah, it seems like my truck either isn't the norm or I am super sensitive...lol