Steering wheel off center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fish27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 13 screw out to Ocotillo wells today for some nice desert fun. As I was going through some pretty slow stuff I came down hard on the front, dented in the front skid plate a little bit. Well didn't notice until I got back on the road that my steering wheel is off center, sitting about 1-130 going straight. Looked at everything when I got home and don't see anything bent or broken so I'm lost as to what it could be. Suspension and steering components are not my strong point as far as mechanic skills go. Anybody have an idea what could cause this issue. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its out of alignment look at your lower control arm bolts where it attaches to the frame and i bet they slid you can tell they slid cause you'll see the marks. easy fix oh and sounds like you need a new front bumper ;) RPG raceline is the way to go! or you can get the TMX skid plate for the stock bumper its a beast of a skid plate! if you don't want an aftermarket bumper that is

OP
OP
F

fish27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I will get back under there when it's light out, didn't seem to pull any way or another but than again the roads out here are all crooked anyway. I have been looking around for a new bumper, so many options not sure what I want. I will say I was definitely surprised at what this truck was capable of as it was first time running in the desert like that and pushing it. Is one hell of a truck.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yea it's a beast for sure and just imagine what you can do with some upgrades! It's a million times more fun!

OP
OP
F

fish27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, my wish list is long, unfortunately between this and my other loves my check book can't keep up

OP
OP
F

fish27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its out of alignment look at your lower control arm bolts where it attaches to the frame and i bet they slid you can tell they slid cause you'll see the marks. easy fix oh and sounds like you need a new front bumper ;) RPG raceline is the way to go! or you can get the TMX skid plate for the stock bumper its a beast of a skid plate! if you don't want an aftermarket bumper that is

Got under there and looked this morning, and low and behold the bolts slid on the passenger side.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Common problem. Just get you an alignment for a temporary fix or get you some of the performance kits for a more permanent solution.

OP
OP
F

fish27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what parts and mods I wanna go with. You would think though after spending that much money on a truck you hopefully wouldn't have to worry

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure they tighten the nuts and bolts up to the specs or tighter if your going to do that kind or stuff often. Off road and on road are completely different animals when it comes to steering etc. parts.
Good Luck.

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a camber/cadter kit. Sdhq sells one. It helps the alignment shop align your as well as keeps those bolts in place with the ecentric washers it comes with. Most alignment shops sell them. Those bolts on the lower control armsneed to be torqued to 270ft lbs of torque. Th hey are a must ig youll be off roading