Smoke on start up and engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbrewster4

Reaction score
I noticed today that my truck started smoking thick white smoke on start up and it sounds like the valves are ticking now. I know the 6.2 is a generally loud running motor and it is not the sound of the injectors or the cpv problem. It has 83,000 miles on it and this is a new problem. It started out of no where after i let the truck sit for a few days. Im going to take it to a dealer soon but wanted to get some feed back from anyone else who might have an idea what is wrong or has had a similar issue.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed today that my truck started smoking thick white smoke on start up and it sounds like the valves are ticking now. I know the 6.2 is a generally loud running motor and it is not the sound of the injectors or the cpv problem. It has 83,000 miles on it and this is a new problem. It started out of no where after i let the truck sit for a few days. Im going to take it to a dealer soon...

I'm glad this will be addressed by your dealership, lbrewster4; be sure to come back and share your results with us. I'll be here if you need any assistance following the appointment.

Crystal