Slow start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last couple days my truck has some problems with starting up when parked for more then a couple hours. I use my remote start almost every time. This morning i tried to start but died after a couple seconds. I tried to start again and it fired up as it should be. It only occurs when it's parked for several hours. I tought it was a bad battery so i shut it down a couple seconds after the truck slowly started. Started the truck again and fired up immediatly. I'm gonna try to start tomorrow morning without the remote start and how it starts. I made a video of the slow start but the video doesn't do any justice to it.

https://vimeo.com/172788865

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a tune on it? My truck started doing this when i put my tune on it. And it is also only on cold starts

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a tune two weeks ago. Do You still have the problem?

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the tune from SVC. I'll try to contact them to see if they know about this.

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck only does this at cold start. When i shut it of after 10 seconds and start again, it starts normal. I think it has to be something with the lpg conversion.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The intake system is not designed to hold pressure, so the gas will leak out.
I would turn the key on for 5 to 10 seconds before cranking it over on the first start of the day.
I not 100% sure if the LP regulator activates with just the key in the on position.
Doe the truck do the same thing when you switch over to gasoline?

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried all the things you suggested, still the same problem. could it be the power steering pump that gets stuck after a couple hours? the pumps is making a whining noise for a couple weeks now while driving.