Slightly different heated seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Workman

Reaction score
So I just purchased my 2011 Screw, and I noticed the heated seats dont get warm. I realize its common for the elements to go bad, however on all those instances the light would go off right after you turned them on. Mine, the light stays on like its working just fine, but the seats never get warm. Any ideas where to look?

This is, no joke, the THIRD truck IN A ROW I have bought where the heated seats didnt work when I bought it (the last two were Silveraydos tho). I swear, someone had to have put a heated seat curse on me or something :ROFLJest:

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just purchased my 2011 Screw, and I noticed the heated seats dont get warm. I realize its common for the elements to go bad, however on all those instances the light would go off right after you turned them on. Mine, the light stays on like its working just fine, but the seats never get warm. Any ideas where to look?

This is, no joke, the THIRD truck IN A ROW I have bought where the heated seats didnt work when I bought it (the last two were Silveraydos tho). I swear, someone had to have put a heated seat curse on me or something :ROFLJest:

When mine went out the switch light stayed on......Most of the time its the connecting wire from the seat to the back rest heating elements that shorts out.

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My, 2011, light stayed on but the seat did not get hot. Fixed under extended warranty.. Heating element went bad.. Now that thing gets super hot..

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine barely heat up. My old '11 seats were hot. I brought it to the dealer. I got the usual, "That's normal" line. Off to another dealer.