Skid plate touch up paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

branden77

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a touch up paint for the stock skid plate. If so where can I order it or what is the color code. Got some nasty black scratches in the front of it and want to touch it up if I can before I go plasti-dipping the whole thing.
Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can of plastidip in the mean time could work. You just might like the color. But you could always peel it off and be down an hour and $5

OP
OP
B

branden77

Reaction score
Lol I think i will skip the whole flames deal, don't wanna look like a Chevy owner

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Guess I will be going with the plastidip

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used rustoleum bedliner. Has held up great, and there's enough left to touch up if I have to.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol I think i will skip the whole flames deal, don't wanna look like a Chevy owner

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Guess I will be going with the plastidip

Big bugs and sandblast from the road will make quick work of removing that plastidip from the skid plate. As mentioned, use something a little stronger if you want it to last a while......

OP
OP
B

branden77

Reaction score
I used rustoleum bedliner. Has held up great, and there's enough left to touch up if I have to.

Kodiak, you just answered my next question I was gonna ask lol. How does that bed liner compare in looks to the professional spray on one. Some of the diy ones I have seen look bad and really clumpy and grainy.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kodiak, you just answered my next question I was gonna ask lol. How does that bed liner compare in looks to the professional spray on one. Some of the diy ones I have seen look bad and really clumpy and grainy.

I used the Duplicolor Bed Armor in a spray can on the grill of my work pickup to Hide the rock chips. I thought it was going to come out lumpy as well, but after it dried it smoothed out. Until you walk up to it and actually take a close look you can't tell there's a coating on it. Oh, and it's tough as well. Just make sure you prep the surface pretty good. I used a green scuff pad along with the usual degreasers and cleaners. Highly recommended.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4941b328aeaf3b5e2ddda8e830f4a217.jpg

Did the plastidip on the hood for a quick fix. The skid plate will definitely see more wear and tear compared to the liner.