Side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried or had to replace the side mirror glass? Someone backed into my side mirror and its like the glass is popped out and when I pop it back in its not in the exact right spot cause it doesn't actuate right. I don't wanna go to the dealer and them tell me I need a whole damn new side mirror which I think is around $400.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are the clips broke? It pops in and out fairly easy once you figure it out. It takes some pressure getting it snapped back in. I was worried I was gonna break it.

OP
OP
Evanscott29

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well maybe ill try pushing hard cause I thought I was pushing hard and gonna break it as well. I see two little metal clips and then I see like 3 white rods connected to the mirror that goes into holes which is what I assume is the four axis to adjust the mirror.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

I don't think I could push any harder on it. It just keeps popping in the different directions. I can't get any good pictures of it. I guess I'm just gonna take it to the dealer. I can hear the motor trying to move it but it can't

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm. That's weird. Could've broke something. Hard to tell without comparing it to one not broken

OP
OP
Evanscott29

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I know. It moves more than the other side when I think it's "in". And I don't want to break the good one in the process

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think they have the same integrity after being taken off either. I replaced the reflector LEDs with white ones after I had put amber in and it popped off without a problem. Kinda worried for a while that they were just gonna fall off. Lol

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aaron broke his when we were offroading in az, luckily we were able to repair it. if you want to save some cash, take the mirror off and send it up to me. i can try to fix it if you want

OP
OP
Evanscott29

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were right mobile beats. See the clip in the background compared to the one in the foreground, I think they should be the same. I didn't pull it off all the way at first cause it looked like it was still in there. The dealer said I had to replace the whole glass piece and they don't sell just the plastic clips. Stupid imo.

Because its a broken clip,I'm not so sure you can help busa right? I appreciate the offer though.

Attachments

• IMG-20130705-00024.jpg
    IMG-20130705-00024.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 109

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, that part of my mirror did not break when i rolled my truck. i may have parts that can be swapped over. but i guess the question is, is it worth not having a mirror for a couple weeks to save having to buy a new one from the dealer.