GEN 1 Shifting from R to D

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Weird issue just showed up over the weekend and still continues. I can reproduce it every time now.

If I put it in reverse and move, apply brakes and shift into Drive, nothing. Sometimes the gear will grab and sometimes not. I can step on the gas and just the rpm's move. I've been putting it into M or 2nd to get it to catch then it works fine moving into D afterwards. I also noticed that if I put it into 1st, it barely stays, I have to really force it further down to get it to catch (on the console gear shift that is).

Going to call the dealer but wondering if anyone has heard of this issue?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
No but there is no visual major leaks on puddles.

It may have been left low when all of the work was done on your truck, but typically, you would have already noticed issues. But, worth checking.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

It may have been left low when all of the work was done on your truck, but typically, you would have already noticed issues. But, worth checking.

I haven't had transmission service done so there would be no reason for it to be low or left low. Called dealer and my awesome service advisor apparently is on vacation, ugh.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I haven't had transmission service done so there would be no reason for it to be low or left low. Called dealer and my awesome service advisor apparently is on vacation, ugh.

Yes, but they would have had to top-up/fill the fluid after having the front end/cooler off.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Edit, as above ^^^^^

Wasn't your frame replaced? Did they manage to swap your frame without disconnected the tranny cooler?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had something similar to this and they replaced my valve body, there was a tsb but it may not be for all model years.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Edit, as above ^^^^^

Wasn't your frame replaced? Did they manage to swap your frame without disconnected the tranny cooler?

Oh following now. Yep, it would be likely that those screw balls could of neglected to top it off. But would that explain also the reason it is difficult to get it into 1st on the console. I really have to struggle to engage it just to show up in the gauge cluster.