SCT X3 Tuner - Rejected Smog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took my Raptor in to get a Smog check here in Nevada and received a "Rejected Smog" result. Looks like it failed on the OBD Catalyst, Oxygen Sensor.

The tech asked if I had disconnected the battery. I had not but did install the 93 tune although it has been a few weeks. He told me to return it to stock and run it for 50 miles and bring it back.

Just wondering if anyone else here had a similar issue? Was it due to the tune? Did returning it back to stock allow it to pass?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its possible all your sensors havent had enough time and cycles to "ready". everytime u flash/tune your truck all sensors reset and need miles and cycles to "ready"

how many miles have u put on it since the last time u flashed it?

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't say for sure but it was about a month ago, so probably at least 500 miles which seems like it's enough for a cycle.

The only other thing I can think of is I put on a MBRP turndown and removed it in 2 days. So it was on, then off, not sure if this would affect it.

I just returned it to stock tune and plan on putting 50-60 miles on it and bring it back for a retest.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This happened to me. I was running a 5 Star tune and most sensor came back as "not ready", REJECTED. I returned it to stock, drove her 100 miles, and everything checked out fine.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me. I was running a 5 Star tune and most sensor came back as "not ready", REJECTED. I returned it to stock, drove her 100 miles, and everything checked out fine.

Thanks good to hear! Hopefully everything will check out. This gives me a reason for a trip up the mountain tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha5aryqu.jpg

Here are my results. We'll know for sure if the culprit is the tune or not soon enough.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure the tune turns off monitoring of the rear as a default so they don't have to deal with it on LT and off road pipe trucks. Will cause it to fail every time. Just run stock for a while and retest and you will be fine

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was it! Never been so happy to pay $714 for registration before.