GEN 1 Rubbing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I searched and could not find any related threads. Today, I hit highway speed (approximately 75 mph) and notice a few alarms sounds. First, it sounded like I was rubbing my fender on the tire, wind noise was super loud like the seal might be failing, and the hood looked like it was trying to open.

I pulled over and inspected tires, no evidence of rubbing (100% stock), and the hood was secured. I also looked under the fender wells, and did not see anything noticeably loose.

This is not a consistent occurrence, sometimes it it there, and others no so much. Anyone experience remotely the same thing? If so, what was the cause so I have other avenues to check.

Thank you everyone!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this happen on the way to Colorado one time. My right side fender liner had come loose at the front. The air coming through the bumper openings was pushing the fender back into the tire at speed. Slow down to look for it, and the liner would pop back into place. Finally has my son lean out the window and listen for a location of the sound. Pulled over again and finally started pulling on things until we found the loose liner. One of the little christmas tree fasteners had broken off. Might be the same thing. Might not. But that's what I found when I had a weird rubbing noise.......

Good luck finding yours and hopefully it's as easy to fix!!!