Rough Shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2012 Raptor has about 300-400 miles so far. The other day there was an accident on the interstate causing traffic to back up for about 5 miles. I got stuck in it and noticed my truck shifting very roughly (jerky) from 1st up to 2nd and from 2nd down to first in stop-and-go traffic. Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal? Is the adaptive system still learning my driving habits, and if so, could this have something to do with it? Thanks guys.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed something weird too. I hit traffic and the truck would not let off 1,500 revs even though my foot was off the gas and we were only going about 2 mph. I had to ride the brake to coast...

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto on the hard shift from 1st to 2nd during "stop and go" traffic. Didn't someone say there was a engine control module update from FORD?

SoCoMech, is there a place that lists the different revisions and what they resolve so that I can be as knowledgable as possible when I go in for service?

Banned
Reaction score
Best way to solve it is a 5 star tune imo. Changes the shift points, and makes it feel a lot better from what I've heard.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i notice mine is doing the same thing :/ 1st and 2nd are started to feel rough... so the only way to fixed it is the 5 star tune??

Banned
Reaction score
im sure its not the only way, but it would be the funnest way haha

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't find the thread, but I seem to remember someone saying there was a FORD fix and that he was going in to talk to his local dealer. Or maybe I dreamt it.... ;-)