Roof top tent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dboy

Reaction score
i there I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a 2010 6.2 extra cab. My question is do you guys think it's safe to mount an ARB roof top tent on a roof rack on top of the cab? I haven't found any pics of raptors with them mounted that way. The only pics I can find are with the tents mounted on the truck bed mounted type of racks. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about on a toyota. thanks!16ab0f0214a7838ba29eb6e82385ddab.jpg

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on how it's mounted. I doubt it rests or puts the body directly on the roof. That being said, I would not do it to mine if it did. I have seen some that have aluminum bars and a floor keeping the wight directly off of the roof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dboy

Reaction score
still haven't found any pics of raptors with tents mounted on roof top racks....BUMP

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for fun, I spent about 30 minutes looking for one. No luck. This is a s close as I could get - lol:

dusseldorfoffroaders-52.jpg

Nice looking set up IMO

OP
OP
D

dboy

Reaction score
Just for fun, I spent about 30 minutes looking for one. No luck. This is a s close as I could get - lol:

View attachment 82679

Nice looking set up IMO

haha thanks! yeah I'm hesitant to mount one on my raptor that way because I can't find any anywhere but if a toyota tacoma can get away with it why couldn't a ford raptor?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's my thoughts. I like the above tent as it also relies on the ground for some support and creates a lot more room. I can definitely see a dressing room like that working great, too.

OP
OP
D

dboy

Reaction score
That's my thoughts. I like the above tent as it also relies on the ground for some support and creates a lot more room. I can definitely see a dressing room like that working great, too.

yes and on all the other tents the ladder supports a lot of the weight when unfolded too.