Retrofitting Torsen diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Has anyone explored retrofitting the new Torsen limited slip front diff on their 2010 or 2011 yet? Price/ availability/ compatibility, etc.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think people are waiting for the 2012 to be released to the customers first.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I am interested in this as well.

Here is what is in the Ford Racing Parts Catalog:
M-4204-T28 8.8 Torsen T-2 28 Spline, MSRP $589
Ford Racing Performance Parts
(according to Randy's Ring & Pinion, up through 2010 F-150's have a 28 spline, reverse rotation 8.8).

Note: The Pickuptrucks.com article posted yesterday indicated that the unit used in the Raptor was tuned specifically for the Raptor. The FRP item listed above seems to be a general application. Anyone have a specific part number for the Raptor unit? Ford Techs?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll look and see If we can get part numbers for the 12. I'm thinkin probably not quite yet though. Personally i'd wait till we get some real world feed back from 12 owners.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked for a part number on the 2012 front differential, they show a picture but no part number yet. It'll pop up here soon I bet.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am interested in this as well.

Here is what is in the Ford Racing Parts Catalog:
M-4204-T28 8.8 Torsen T-2 28 Spline, MSRP $589
Ford Racing Performance Parts
(according to Randy's Ring & Pinion, up through 2010 F-150's have a 28 spline, reverse rotation 8.8).

Note: The Pickuptrucks.com article posted yesterday indicated that the unit used in the Raptor was tuned specifically for the Raptor. The FRP item listed above seems to be a general application. Anyone have a specific part number for the Raptor unit? Ford Techs?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/torsen-front-differential-2012-raptor-8915/

This was discussed on SVTO awhile back. Kaiser I believe the part number you found is for the 95 Cobra R.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torsen front Differential for 2012

Guys, I did a lot of research on the Torsen Differential in October before I ordered my Molten Orange SCREW. I was really thinking I would wait and get a 2012 with the Torsen Front Differential. - But I really wanted the Molten Orange color, so I made calls to people I know that were involved in the Pre-Production Raptor and finally I got to talk to "The Guy" who engineered the Torsen Differential for the 2012 Raptors. He said that FORD SVT and Torsen Engineers did a lot of testing and breaking parts before they ended up with the Special Raptor Differential that he mentioned was at least 30% stronger than the one designed for the standard F150. He also said it would only be available through FORD and possibly in the FORD RACING PARTS CATALOG. Torsen will NOT be able to sell you the exact unit and DID NOT suggest running the F150 Torsen in the Raptor.

So, I guess I wait and see how 2012 owners rave about their new Torsen Differential and then try to go out and compare them back to back before I step up to the plate and install one myself.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was some info regarding the new torsen and it was specifically design for Ford Raptor. Something about ramps to eliminated torque steer and some of the other issues with a torsen in front. I will try to find that tech article again, and post it..