Removing Light Bar Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch, that sucks. Sorry to hear that! Suspect it will be more than a few hundred bucks to fix that though...

I don't think so, with someone that does body work full time I wouldn't expect it to be more than $500 with either spot welding or bondo and a respray/blend.

That is tough though, I'm a huge proponent of not messing with OEM stuff, and trying to mod around it for the most part. If you do mod something extensively, its got to be done right with quality parts the first time, like the ADD mount for example.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, with someone that does body work full time I wouldn't expect it to be more than $500 with either spot welding or bondo and a respray/blend.

That is tough though, I'm a huge proponent of not messing with OEM stuff, and trying to mod around it for the most part. If you do mod something extensively, its got to be done right with quality parts the first time, like the ADD mount for example.

Not sure when the last time you had work done at a body shop, but it has gotten ridiculously expensive for a quality shop. You won't find a good shop to repair a scratch or scrape and blend for $500 let alone welding, the associated body work, prep, masking, and then respray and blend.

If a shop wants to repair holes with body filler you should run! Bondo is not for filling holes. It will not last and will crack.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure when the last time you had work done at a body shop, but it has gotten ridiculously expensive for a quality shop. You won't find a good shop to repair a scratch or scrape and blend for $500 let alone welding, the associated body work, prep, masking, and then respray and blend.

If a shop wants to repair holes with body filler you should run! Bondo is not for filling holes. It will not last and will crack.

Thankfully, I've never had to have body work done on any of my vehicles, and truthfully I don't know much about it. I guess I am biased as I get quotes for paint to match/ powdercoat stuff through my buddy who is friends with the son of the owner of a great shop in the area.

Good luck, if you do decide to go the professional route, I guess you will pay a good amount, but a good shop will have it looking good as new.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Previous owner of my truck had some sort of light bar on the roof as well. I have 3 holes on each side filled with black silicone. The roof is also distorted where the bracket once was. I thought about taking it to a body shop for an estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
C

CL REDBEARD

Reaction score
I have access to vinyl through work. I'm thinking for now I may just run some black vinyl down the valleys in the roof so it doesn't look like complete crap. At some point I'll probably have it fixed. I'm just cheap, and also don't have the extra money laying around.