Remove stubby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like my stubby antenna is stuck and I can't break it loose. This happen to anyone else?

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine was ******...got the stubby antenna off but the mount screw was rusted in place. Tried to drill it out to no avail so I had to order a new antenna cable. What a PITA. I was going to replace with the stubby .50 cal but not so sure now.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if a guy could get home heat on it somehow without melting or f'ing up something. Might help get it loosened up

hard with the plastic mount but who knows? All I know the mounting screw was completely seized. Would make more sense if the screw was part of the antenna so there was no chance of it getting stuck. I guess I can go the other way and put anti seize on it this time. I would prefer it get stolen then have to replace the ******* cable assembly.

I also read elsewhere that this happens a lot so buyer beware.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The plastic cap comes off if you wanted to try heat. The new stubby should have another piece of threaded rod so if possible I would try some vice grips. Shouldn't be seized that bad.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg