Remove Objects Near Passenger Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byrontime

Reaction score
Resolved

Had the same issue. Went to dealership, they took me for $100 to tell me that they would need to keep the car for a few days.

Saw this post, moved the seat. Solution fixed.

Forum Knowledge > Dealerships

D

Deleted member 12951

So I've been having this issue not constantly but just every now and then. The error message isn't that big of a deal to me as I can cycle the ignition and the message goes away and its only happened maybe a dozen time and always goes away. My only concern is when this happens it shows the passenger air bag is OFF even if a passenger is in the seat. Well for the safety of ever having a passenger, while at the dealership doing some other stuff, I asked them to look at it.

They said the issue is due to my Fire Extinguisher being mounted in front of the passenger seat. Its a H3R mount to the two front bolts. They charged me $170, $36 of it being to remove the Fire Extinguisher (whatever). I've seen others mount a FE here and this is the first time I've heard this causing an issue. Has anyone else ever had this issue with a FE mount?

PASS AIR BAG SHOWS OFF WITH PASSENGER IN SEAT SESDIAG CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DIAGNOSTICS
$135.00
REMOVAL OF FIRE EXTINGUSHER
$35.74

52222 AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES
CONDUCTED RESTRAINT SYSTEM DIAG B00A0:97. PINPOINT OCS AND SEAT
WEIGHT SENSORS. FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNTED TO SEAT TRACK. REMOVED FIRE EXTINGUISHER. R&I RADIO AND SHIFT BEZEL FOR ZERO WEIGHT TESTING, SEAT MUST BE FULLY FORWARD AND REARWARD. ZERO WEIGHT PASS. REASSEMBLED. NOTE- NO ACCESSORIES CAN USE SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR MOUNTING

4262bf58c450705ff8101de8e63b913a.jpg