Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum

Remote Start acting up?

This is a discussion on Remote Start acting up? within the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Just today my remote start quit working for some reason. I started my truck this morning perfectly fine with it ...

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Question Remote Start acting up?
Just today my remote start quit working for some reason. I started my truck this morning perfectly fine with it and it warmed upand off to work i went with no problems, I had a few free moments at work so i rinsed it off trying to keep as much salt off of it as possible.
At the end of the day i went to remote start it and it didnt work. The truck would flash the lights and honk, then after about 2 seconds all the exterior lights came on and you could hear the seat adjusting and all the lights stayed on but the truck didnt start, Instead it honked 6 times rapidly then sat quiet with the parking lights on like i had just unlocked it.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why or whats goin on? it was about 25 degrees F through the day here and for about 2 hours after i rinsed it it sat in a heated garage drying.

2010raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

Instead of starting my own thread thought id piggyback here... I dont think its related to your wash, im getting the same thing inconsistently (moreso when its really cold though). Found several other threads on f150 sites w/ no real answer/solution

I get a honk and 2 flashes of parking lights... Anyone get to the bottom of this? Im a 2012
Sitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 587 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

check your battery in the remote. I had to replace mine already don't make sense but it worked with mine.

2012 #3105 Diablosport tune aFe stage 2 SW Headers Xpipe true duel S-type muffler 361rwhp
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Occasionally, mine will turn over once (like a cough) and then on any subsequent attempt to remote start, simply flash its lights. It happens really inconsistently, maybe once every ten starts or so? But only with the remote start. Anyone else experience this?
MIAMIRAPTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

once again try the new battery if that don't work it must be something else. I'm thinking it needs a good signal to work properly. also if your alarm had been triggered for some reason I don't think it will start remotely so that could be the op is what happened. but for the inconsistency thing I think is the remote battery not sending a good signal. I'm not a tech so don't take my word for it but it worked for me.

2012 #3105 Diablosport tune aFe stage 2 SW Headers Xpipe true duel S-type muffler 361rwhp
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Sitdown View Post
Instead of starting my own thread thought id piggyback here... I dont think its related to your wash, im getting the same thing inconsistently (moreso when its really cold though). Found several other threads on f150 sites w/ no real answer/solution

I get a honk and 2 flashes of parking lights... Anyone get to the bottom of this? Im a 2012

I get this 1 out of 10 times. never washed the truck and im in fl so its never cold.

FilthyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
check your battery in the remote. I had to replace mine already don't make sense but it worked with mine.
so every one has tried this and it still don't work properly.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have something like thus happen every once in a while. I just blow it off. It works the vast majority of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rockdoc likes this.
Pax Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

For what it's worth and as long as we're on the subject, I installed a Clifford alarm (part of the Viper family) shortly after I bought my truck a couple years back. My truck came with the factory remote but it's distance was limited. Aside from some minor compatibility problems initially, the system has performed great.
spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

Mentioned: 383 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

not too sure on the oem remote start, because that info is not available to me, but my 5904 starts everytime. we actually got below freezing last night, truck started just fine