Rear End Binding Up When Slowing Down or Taking Off Slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have this issue and I have read that the skip yolk needs to get greased/lubricated.

Have read that Ford trucks have had this issue for a while and it's a well known problem.

I've been in Brian's truck and his has the same issue as mine.

Has anyone here resolved this?

It basically feels like a subtle vibration in the rear of the truck when slowing down to 5MPH or for a stop light.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
you sure it's not the shudder you get from the torque converter? mine humps its way along when i let off the gas.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you sure it's not the shudder you get from the torque converter? mine humps its way along when i let off the gas.

That's a good point, but based on my (limited) research on this the symptoms I have pretty much parallel other F150 owners who needed to have the slip yolk re-lubed. It's just a nuisance and I've read the problem comes back anyway.

Guess I will live with it.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I still think the shudder you felt in my rear was the Nitto MTs I have on. My rear was smooth before I put those big rubbers on.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still think the shudder you felt in my rear was the Nitto MTs I have on. My rear was smooth before I put those big rubbers on.

I'll have to let you drive my truck.

It has the same sensation yours did when slowing down and I have stock tires.

I've read that grit or sand can get into the slip yolk and cause binding up.

I'll see if I can find the TSB or article that describes it better.

If someone didn't know better this is turning out to be one of the gayest threads ever in regards to the vocabulary words used here. HAHAHA. Getting a good laugh over it.