GEN 1 Rear end/axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody else has had these types of issues.

2014 raptor 45k miles

Other day it starts howling my tires are going bald so I bought new tires...

Drive it home it's still howling so I crawl under it I find that the driver side front axle boot is disconnected and wiggley so I just took it to a local shop because I don't have time to go down to Ford and all that (work truck in busy season)

They take it apart replace the axle and then take it out for a test drive but the howling still there. They put it up on the lift pull the driveshaft and the rear end bearing is shot with the grinding feelers in the Pinion.

So I called Ford they came and picked it up for me and they're taking it down to the dealership.

First issue I've ever had with any ford truck I've owned, even the work trucks.

It's just odd that both those things go out, at the same time, when she's been a "street king"/work truck.

By the way, how's everyone been? I haven't checked in in a long time, pesky kids, work, and life are messing with our relationship!

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
45k does seem pretty premature for a pinion bearing, but i guess it depends on how it's been driven, condition of the gear oil, how it was set from factory etc.

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit, you're alive?!

Yes sir I crawled out of my hole!

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

45k does seem pretty premature for a pinion bearing, but i guess it depends on how it's been driven, condition of the gear oil, how it was set from factory etc.

Well, I guess I do drive like an ******* lol.

I live in the mountains, super curvy roads. I'm sure it harder then freeway. That was my 5th set of tires lol

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the dealership got back to me yesterday, it's the ring & pinion and bearing lol. They're going to fix it under warranty but for some reason it takes some time to get the parts shipped in, hopefully it'll be done Friday and I can get back into it!
He thinks I just simply got a bad rear end install from factory, guess that's what the warranty is for.

Maybe it's time for one of them environmentalist raptors?

I kid.