Rear Door Stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to all.
Have a Supercab 2010.
Suddenly the rear driver door seems stuck.
Checked the 2 pull cables on the handle and are working ok.
After trying a while got the door open.
Seems the lower lock mechanism is "stiff".Upper door mech is ok.
Cleaned and lubed but still fails making opening the door hard to open.
Tried adjusting also bo no luck.
Would any one have the part#??
Have been looking for it with no luck.

Best regards

Last edited:
OP
OP
renegadeagle

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the door apart and grease everything. Happened to most of us on an arkansas run... Dust . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did that.
What seems to be happening is, even when holding the door handle you try closing the door and feel some resistance.Checked the adjustment of the latch and is ok.Its like the latch is worn or something.
Cant find the lower door latch part#.

But Thank you for the input.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh that sounds different. And from the looks of it, you have a super cab which the doors would be different than the super crew.

I'd call the dealership and see if you can get a part number. Then buy one off of eBay or if the dealer is cheaper get it from them. That latch should be the same in all of the f-150 and who knows how long back they've had it in the scabs

GabAlmighty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a somewhat similar issue in my Dodge. Could also in a very rare case be a slight bend cab? I assuming it doesn't feel as though the door is rubbing on anything?

OP
OP
renegadeagle

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem, I had a cable come loose inside the door latch.

Yeah I checked the cable first just in case.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Ahh that sounds different. And from the looks of it, you have a super cab which the doors would be different than the super crew.

I'd call the dealership and see if you can get a part number. Then buy one off of eBay or if the dealer is cheaper get it from them. That latch should be the same in all of the f-150 and who knows how long back they've had it in the scabs

Supercab,Thank you for correcting me.Suicide doors
LOL

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this issue intermittently with the driver side rear on my SCAB. A couple time I couldn't open the drivers side at all. But the next day it worked. Just a truck tantrum I guess.
But I do need to convince it to open every now and then.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem twice now in a year. first time the dealership replaced the latch. Second time I went back there thinking the latch was messed up again and they said it was the cable.