Rear defroster not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peanutt

Reaction score
Thank for the info. I am going to try this tonight.
My warranty ran out in January and I don't want spend a ton of $ fixing this.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread and have the same issue. Let me know how it goes Peanutt. Also, I can't imagine why this wouldn't be covered by a valid factory warrantee? It would be tough to argue that a tuner or suspension mods caused the problem?

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordService My truck has under 20k on it and the factory warrantee is in place until the last part of June 2015. I have not taken it in yet as I can't stand my local dealership service but unfortunately they are few and far between around me. I have a small list of items like this that I need to have handled before the bumper to bumper expires.

scr116

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2012 Screw and the rear defroster doesn't work at all. Button doesn't even light up. Replaced the relay, but that didnt fix the problem. Anyone have any idea before I bring it to the dealer? Thanks

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2012 Screw and the rear defroster doesn't work at all. Button doesn't even light up. Replaced the relay, but that didnt fix the problem. Anyone have any idea before I bring it to the dealer? Thanks

Happened to my 2012, just as you described. They had to replace the whole rear window.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
You will be better off not using it. These are prone to shattering during operation. Rule of thumb is to disable in the remote start menu and never use it.