Rear defrost not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my dealer just called and they said they need me to drive there for them to take a picture of my window so ford will warranty it. My dealer is good to work with but it's 45 min drive for me. This sucks!!!

My dealership had me email them a picture. They/Ford just want to make sure that the window is OEM.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my dealer is insisting that I have to have them take the picture. Who is the ford person who took over for crystal?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Does the dealer really need to take the photo of my rear window to warranty the defroster. I already went to the dealer and they forgot to take the picture. I offered to email them a pic of the window. I only ask because the dealer is 45 min drive for me.
Kristy can you help?

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my dealer is insisting that I have to have them take the picture. Who is the ford person who took over for crystal?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Does the dealer really need to take the photo of my rear window to warranty the defroster. I already went to the dealer and they forgot to take the picture. I offered to email them a pic of the window. I only ask because the dealer is 45 min drive for me.
Kristy can you help?
If you end up driving there, ask them to make it worth your while and have them change your oil.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do my own oil changes, just did one not long ago. A gas card would be nice though. Fat chance of that happening. I just want this submitted before my warranty expires on 11/17.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Kristy can you help?

Hey Brother not sure if you've already gotten your rear defroster issue resolved. I just got mine replaced and picked up today on my 2013 SCREW. I called last week and just told them over the phone about the rear defroster light not coming on and they told me to just bring it in on an appointment.

I told them it was under warranty and it was straight forward from there. If your truck is still under warranty it's a no brainer.

I was never asked to send pics first. That's ridiculous

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Brother not sure if you've already gotten your rear defroster issue resolved. I just got mine replaced and picked up today on my 2013 SCREW. I called last week and just told them over the phone about the rear defroster light not coming on and they told me to just bring it in on an appointment.

I told them it was under warranty and it was straight forward from there. If your truck is still under warranty it's a no brainer.

I was never asked to send pics first. That's ridiculous

I had already been to the dealer once, there was no question that it was covered under warranty. Dealer forgot to take a pic of the small etching on the drivers side to prove it is a ford part which they said ford required. I have an appointment for the new window scheduled, I just hope ford fixed the problem so this doesn't happen again.

BigMikeVP

Reaction score
Have they come up with a revised window or a permanent fix? i have a comprehensive extended warranty but I dont want to commit until they fix a factory defect per say?

SueBob

Reaction score
I just took mine in today to get replaced. Dealership tried to say it would be $670 some dollars. I laughed and told them I was never informed of this. My truck is still under warranty. I looked everything up on my phone. Service manager came out and explained that all I would have to pay would be a $100 deductible for warranty work. The dealer plans on calling Ford to work things out. The service manager said he would give me a call when he figures everything out. I plan on negotiating about that $100 deductible for all the troubles.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Have they come up with a revised window or a permanent fix? i have a comprehensive extended warranty but I dont want to commit until they fix a factory defect per say?

There is no revised design for the window. It will fail again, and still run risk of shattering.

Rule of thumb, NEVER USE REAR DEFROST. DISABLE IT IN REMOTE START MENU TOO,