Rear defrost not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer4336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Spencer4336,

Your dealer will make sure you're seeing clearly again; do you have plans to visit them soon? What's your Raptor's model year/mileage?

I'm glad that this has already been resolved, cjf1001! If you need any help in the future, feel free to reach out.

Crystal

It's 2012 with 43000 I'm hesitant to take it in since I only have powertrain warranty now.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's 2012 with 43000 I'm hesitant to take it in since I only have powertrain warranty now.

I understand, Spencer4336. If you decide to get your dealer involved, let me know; I'll be able to investigate ways to help once they've diagnosed your Raptor.

Crystal

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue. The dealership verified that it was the rear window and not the heated side mirrors (both are on the same circuit) and replaced it under warranty. I would bet money that this problem is dirty contacts where the sliding window defroster makes contact with the main circuit. Because the defrosters don't work if that slider is open.

ctcHERYL

Reaction score
Sounds like a smart next step to me, ThomasL. How many miles are on your Raptor? Tell us how the appointment goes; I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you need my assistance.

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

I just posted on the Ford Facebook page. My husband took his truck in to the dealership and they are charging him to replace the rear window due to the defroster not working. He has 36,900 miles on a 2012 Raptor, he also has the extended warranty. This repair is already costing over $1,000. Can you help?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Crystal,

I just posted on the Ford Facebook page. My husband took his truck in to the dealership and they are charging him to replace the rear window due to the defroster not working. He has 36,900 miles on a 2012 Raptor, he also has the extended warranty. This repair is already costing over $1,000. Can you help?

Hi ctcHERYL,

I'm Todd, and I'm filling in for Crystal while she is on vacation. We work across various platforms (Twitter, Facebook, and forums), so I'm happy to check into this. Have you been contacted by any of my colleagues over on Facebook?

Todd

ctcHERYL

Reaction score
Hi ctcHERYL,

I'm Todd, and I'm filling in for Crystal while she is on vacation. We work across various platforms (Twitter, Facebook, and forums), so I'm happy to check into this. Have you been contacted by any of my colleagues over on Facebook?

Todd

Hi Todd,

No one has responded on Facebook.

I sent a PM to Ford Service just now. I forgot to mention, the dealership is also saying we only get five days car rental, but we have Ford ESP PremiumCare which provides up to 10 days of rental coverage.

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Todd,

No one has responded on Facebook.

I sent a PM to Ford Service just now. I forgot to mention, the dealership is also saying we only get five days car rental, but we have Ford ESP PremiumCare which provides up to 10 days of rental coverage.

Hi ctcHERYL,

I've received your PM, and I'm working on this. Please expect a reply today. I've also let my colleagues on Facebook know I've got this under control.

Which Ford Dealer have you been working with?

Todd

HarkinBanks

Reaction score
Mine has gone out to.

I have made 2 different appointments with the local Ford dealer and they have yet to even look at the truck. Both times I made the service appointment 3 or more days in advance, gave them the truck for over 5 hours, and when I showed up to pick up the truck, they claimed "they got busy and didn't get to it". Nice. I told them if they are trying to make me feel like a "non-valued customer" they were doing one hell of a job.

Next closest Ford dealer is 40 miles away, so I may have to bite the bullet and drive down there.

2013 Roush Raptor
31,000 miles

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has gone out to.

I have made 2 different appointments with the local Ford dealer and they have yet to even look at the truck. Both times I made the service appointment 3 or more days in advance, gave them the truck for over 5 hours, and when I showed up to pick up the truck, they claimed "they got busy and didn't get to it". Nice. I told them if they are trying to make me feel like a "non-valued customer" they were doing one hell of a job.

Next closest Ford dealer is 40 miles away, so I may have to bite the bullet and drive down there.

2013 Roush Raptor
31,000 miles
That sucks. The first rear window I had replaced was done at the dealership where I purchased the Raptor. They ordered the Ford window then had a local glass company install it. The second one (yes I've had 2 window defrosters fail) was done by the dealership closest to me. They had to do other work to it so they had it for 2 days. In both cases, the dealerships were very professional and went out of their way to make me happy. Hope you find a good dealership to make it right.