GEN 1 Rear cargo light not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a strange issue. The rear cargo light that's on the 3rd brake light won't light up. I tried swapping both bulbs for good ones and that I tested and it still won't work. Third brake light is good though, the 3 red LED's work fine. Just the cargo light...

I checked fuse #12 inside the cab just for the hell of it since that controls interior lights, puddles, and cargo lamp, but fuse is good and interior lights work fine.

Any ideas on what might be the issue? I find it strange both bulbs even when swapped for new won't come on.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you turn the cargo light off from the cab, maybe it got inadvertently switched off?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the cargo light is on the same circuit as the dome and map lights. if everything else is working, its time to get out the multimeter and find out whats missing up there behind the cargo light.. you might have 12V and no ground circuit. gotta find out whats going on in the bulb socket.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this is a old thread but this just happened to mine. What was the fix??? I just replaced the short harness that goes from the 3rd brake light assembly to the connector above the headliner rt above rear sliding window

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this is a old thread but this just happened to mine. What was the fix??? I just replaced the short harness that goes from the 3rd brake light assembly to the connector above the headliner rt above rear sliding window
And it still doesn't work