Rear Bumper Install w/Sensors on Non Sensor Stock Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area guys, and if there may have been a post on this.

I am looking to purchase a new rear bumper and have it painted to match my truck body. My current bumper has a small ding from someone who hit me :mad: so hence why I would like to purchase one not damaged.

I have found a guy in my local Raptor club who is willing to part with his like new bumper, only problem is, this bumper has sensors while mine does not.

Called my local Ford dealer, there is a harness kit which you can buy, sounds like it is a simple plug connection. But he is telling me, I would need to install this kit to my factory bumper as the sensor locations do not 100% match stock locations.

Question is, does anyone have any suggestions on making this sensor bumper work without having to buy this $310 CDN harness kit?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you don't really want to have the sensors, and are painting the bumper anyway, why not have the holes filled in (the proper way) and just paint the bumper. You will be the only one that would ever know. It's not really that hard if you know someone with a small wire feed welder......

Look up the process on youtube - you'll find everything you'd ever want to know and see how it is done prior to doing it.

Good luck!!!

Reaction score
Like mentioned above, flush mounting some LED lights would look best & be most cost effective. You're looking at $189 for a pair of Rigid flush mount dually lights from us + your time to cut the squares in the bumper.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only issue I see with putting flush mount lights in the bumper is that the sensor holes are close to the ends of the bumper. It just wouldn't look right, with lights that far out. Plus, you would still need to deal with the 2 holes in the plastic portion. I say after market sensors for the win.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
i agree with @TheJoker the holes are close to the corners of the bumper, and I have seen some pictures of lights that far out. Seems odd to me. The mig welding option or the aftermarket sensors sound like the best bet.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

The only issue I see with putting flush mount lights in the bumper is that the sensor holes are close to the ends of the bumper. It just wouldn't look right, with lights that far out. Plus, you would still need to deal with the 2 holes in the plastic portion. I say after market sensors for the win.

Are you aware of any back up aftermarket sensors which are quality and good warranty?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i agree with @TheJoker the holes are close to the corners of the bumper, and I have seen some pictures of lights that far out. Seems odd to me. The mig welding option or the aftermarket sensors sound like the best bet.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Are you aware of any back up aftermarket sensors which are quality and good warranty?

I never considered installing them on my truck, so I haven't done any research on them. But, there have been others on the forum who have. Here is one: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/parking-sensor-installed-286/ . If you do go this route, make sure you document what you find and the finished product, to help others thinking about doing this. GL

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

eBay has everything from individual sensors to complete kits with blind spot sensors and cameras. It all depends on how crazy you want to go.:crazy: