Rattling under my feet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Going over "little" bumps I can a knocking or rattling under my feet while driving. Its very minor and not a cause for concern but its new and annoying as hell. Any places to start looking?

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going over "little" bumps I can a knocking or rattling under my feet while driving. Its very minor and not a cause for concern but its new and annoying as hell. Any places to start looking?

Skid plate loose?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd get under the truck and start looking/grabbing for anything loose. Shake the skid plates, sway bar, look for anything rubbing like park brake cable and wiring harnesses. I'd also look for small rocks wedged in between components like skid plates/chassis/t-case and trans mount/ exhaust shields/suspension joints.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To add what Pirate said, I use a rubber mallet and hit the suspension parts while someone is inside listening for the rattle

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know how you feel bird I have the ADD stealth bumper and I'll get good size rocks sitting on the skid plate and it drives me nuts haha any noise annoys me when I drive I can't even have spare change in the center consol lol

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys ill get under there and start man handling stuff. I noticed today its worse when cornering and hitting bumps

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My feed truck was doing this last month so I decided to take it to a local tire dealer who then proceeded to convince me that I needed all the following. My ******* still hurts.

Attachments

• chebby.jpg
    chebby.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 134